- Replacement of troublesome Norcold refrigerator with a Samsung residential unit. This is the best modification we have done.
- Installation of 30 inch Samsung residential range.
- Installation of a combination washer/dryer.
- Installation of a Maytag residential dishwasher.
- Replacement of the original king-size mattress with a high quality queen-size eurotop mattress. This required a modification of the bed platform, and allows much more room for walking around the bed.
- Replacement of the borderline GoodYear Marathon tires with 16-ply 17.5 inch commercial tires and wheels.
- Installation of a Mor/Ryde wet bolt kit on the suspension pivots allows lubrication. This eliminates all of the creaking and banging of the original unlubricated suspension bushings.
- Installation of shock absorbers. This eliminates a lot of the bouncing and swaying on a bumpy road.
- Installation of a Mor/Ryde X-Factor crossmember to reinforce the frame at the highly stressed area between the spring hangers.
- Installation of a SteadyFast rig stabilizing system. This eliminates almost all of the shaking, and feels almost like a house on a foundation.
- Addition of an accumulator tank to the onboard water system. This reduces cycling of the water pump when away from a pressure water hookup.
- A 3400 watt inverter generator in the truck bed, with a 10 gallon gasoline tank, makes dry camping and rest stops much more enjoyable.
- Rebuilding of the troublesome transfer switch using quality electrical contactors.
- Addition of a 30 amp electrical hookup at the pinbox, to allow connection of the generator.
- Addition of digital meters to display electrical voltage and amperage.
- Hardening of the onboard water system to withstand temperatures down to 0 deg.F (-18C).
- Addition of an auxiliary diesel tank in the truck bed to increase our towing range to 800 miles.
- Installation of air bags to the rear suspension of the truck, to better control the almost 4000 lb pin weight.
Mods to Our Rig
We have done a number of modifications to our rig to make it more suitable for full time living and travel. These include: